There are lots of ways to give to JAMLAC
Find your way today!
Need More Info?
Please contact our Director of Development, Nikki Koster to learn about giving to JAMLAC. She can be reached at 303-681-8415.
Denver Enterprise Zone
What is An Enterprise Zone?
Gifts of $250 or more qualify for Enterprise Zone tax credit. Please read the rules below carefully. In order for JAMLAC to issue a tax credit certificate, you will need to provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
About Enterprise Zone
In 1986, the Colorado legislature created enterprise zones as a way to assist businesses and non-profit organizations located in economically depressed areas throughout the state. This legislation makes it possible for JAMLAC to offer its donors a 25% Colorado state income tax credit on cash contributions of $250 or more. Over the years, this program has proven to be of great value both to the Mission and its supporters.
Here is How it Works
There may be a substantial tax benefit for donations made to JAMLAC through the Enterprise Zone. The estimated after-tax benefit for a gift of $1,000 is approximately $528.52 (using a 33% Federal Tax Rate). In this way a gift of $1,000 costs only $471.48 after taxes. Specific net after-tax benefit for the same gift will differ based on individual tax situations.
- Donors make a contribution by check (or online), $250 minimum amount to $400,000 maximum amount.
- Please note: The EZ program requires that donors provide one of the following: Federal Employer Tax Identification Number (FEIN), your Colorado Taxpayer Identification Number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- At the end of the year, JAMLAC will send you a form to include when preparing your taxes.
- Decreases donor's state tax liability through a 25% state tax credit for cash gifts and 12.5% for in-kind contributions such as stocks (there must be a state tax liability).
- Provides the opportunity for donors to help more people in need by decreasing the net cost of their contribution.
- Increase the Tax Credit for In-Kind Contributions
- Gift-In-Kind contributions of stocks or bonds are eligible for a tax credit of 12.5%.